People engage with our collections and services in personal and individual ways. To help museums, libraries and archives to develop accessible and inclusive services we will be concentrating on issues around cultural diversity, social inclusion and disability, within the context of neighbourhood renewal.
- Help institutions to assess the accessibility and inclusiveness of their services by providing toolkits and facilitating training
- Provide an accessible and up to date database of disability trainers and auditors
- Look at how opening hours, disabled access and social inclusion could be improved in our sector across the West Midlands
- Collect and disseminate case studies of good practice
- Monitor whether institutions in the region meet Disability Discrimination Act and Race Relations Act requirements
- Develop and support a networking group to enable all diversity and disability groups and practitioners to meet, exchange information and share good practice
- Pilot the INSPIRE project which enables learners from across the region to access resources in both public and Higher Education libraries