Museums, archives and special libraries are guardians of the knowledge and stories held within their collections. These collections and resources should reflect the needs of our region and its people. While what we hold today may reflect the values and circumstances of the past, collecting needs to be actively developed in order to satisfy the needs of both our current and future users.
Collections management is not a luxury - if we do not know what we have got in our collections they can never be truly accessible, and if they are not in good condition then they will not survive.
- Advocate for the value of collections care and acuisitions programmes regionally
- Evidence and advocate the impact of increased access to collections building upon the Sampling Strategy and Fast Forward
- Ensure that there is effective regional support for collection standards
- Support the work of the regional Subject Specialist Networks
- Support marketing and national campaigns to raise the profile of the region’s collections, particularly those of national importance